RESOURCE AND REFERRAL PROGRAM
Options for Learning's Resource and Referral Program assists families regardless of income in locating licensed child care free of charge. This program also provides training and support for child care professionals.
SUBSIDIZED CHILD CARE VOUCHER PROGRAMChild Care Services program
The Child Care Services program differs from our center-based programs in that they do not provide direct child care services. Rather, they serve as a resource center for families and child care providers.
Child Care Services provides:
- Assistance with child care payments to the child care provider of choice for children ages 0-12 years (up to age 21 for exceptional needs children);
- A variety of subsidized child care programs that offer reimbursement for various types of child care;
- A food and nutrition program for licensed family child care providers;
- Child development resources and support for parents and child care providers.
Options for Learning's center-based programs are primarily funded by federal, state, and local government contracts. As a result, many spaces in our programs allow us to assist lower-income families who are working, attending college or vocational training, or seeking employment.
Families who do not meet the state or federal income guidelines and would like to enroll their children may be able to access spaces in our Full-day Preschool, Surround Care, and Empowered Learning programs at reasonable prices. Additionally, our Enrichment Program is a free program located in participating school districts.
Options for Learning welcomes children with disabilities in all our programs, provided the child can be safely and successfully served in the program.
INFANT/TODDLER CARE PROGRAM
- Full-day/full-year center- and home-based infant/toddler program;
- Serves children from birth to 3 years and pregnant women;
- Extensive family support and involvement;
- Free for low-income and qualifying families;
- State- and federally funded program;
- Serves those living in Azusa, Covina, Diamond Bar, Glendora, East La Puente/San Jose Hills, Irwindale, Monrovia, Rowland Heights, San Gabriel, South El Monte, Temple City, Walnut, and West Covina.
EARLY LEARNING PROGRAMS