Head Start Pasadena
Giving children a solid foundation for life
- Head Start Pasadena offers a federally funded half-day preschool program for 3 & 4 year old children
- Morning or afternoon classes available during the school year
- Program provided in the classroom or at the child’s home
- Comprehensive early childhood education, health, nutrition services to foster stable family relationships, enhance children's physical and emotional well-being, and to develop strong cognitive skills.
- Extensive parent participation and support services offered.
- FREE for qualifying families
- Lunch is provided
Many convenient locations to serve you. Communities served: Highland Park, Eagle Rock, Pasadena, Altadena, Sierra Madre, Arcadia, Monrovia, San Marino, South Pasadena, San Dimas, La Verne, Claremont and Duarte.
Call to ENROLL (626) 204-8900
FAX (626) 204-8999
At our main office:
Mon – Fri 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Head Start Pays Off!
Research on educational, quality preschool programs, like Options for Learning. Head Start, demonstrates real lasting benefits, including:
- Higher grades in school
- Fewer children are retained a grade in school
- Higher high school graduation rates
- Higher college attendance
- Lower crime rates
- Lower welfare rates
- Higher earnings & more taxes paid as adults
Take a look at how we are giving children a solid foundation for life in our 2015-2016 Program Year Annual Report. Click on the report below to learn more...
The mission of the Head Start Division is to work in partnership with parents and the community to provide quality preschool education for children, and comprehensive support services to families, thus promoting independence and success.