Head Start South El Monte
Giving children a solid foundation for life
- Head Start South El Monte offers a federally funded half-day preschool for 3 & 4 year old children
- Morning or afternoon classes available during the school year
- Program provided in the classroom or at the child’s home
- Comprehensive early childhood education, health, nutrition services to foster stable family relationships, enhance children's physical and emotional well-being, and to develop strong cognitive skills.
- Extensive parent participation and support services offered.
- FREE for qualifying families
- Lunch is provided
Many convenient locations to serve you. Communities served: Azusa, West Covina, Covina, Monrovia, Glendora, South El Monte, East La Puente/San Jose Hills, San Gabriel, Irwindale, Temple City, Walnut, Diamond Bar and Rowland Heights
Call to ENROLL (626) 459-4299
FAX (626) 579-1726
Visit Us - OFFICE IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED
At our main office:
Mon – Fri 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Head Start Pays Off!
Research on educational, quality preschool programs, like Options for Learning. Head Start, demonstrates real lasting benefits, including:
- Higher grades in school
- Fewer children are retained a grade in school
- Higher high school graduation rates
- Higher college attendance
- Lower crime rates
- Lower welfare rates
- Higher earnings & more taxes paid as adults
Take a look at how we are giving children a strong foundation for life in our 2017-2018 Program Year Annual Report. Click on the report to learn more...
The mission of the Head Start Division is to work in partnership with parents and the community to provide quality preschool education for children, and comprehensive support services to families, thus promoting independence and success.