Head Start South El Monte
Giving children a solid foundation for life
- A federally funded, half-day preschool for 3- and 4-year-old children;
- Morning or afternoon classes available during the school year;
- Program provided in the classroom or at the child’s home.
- Comprehensive early childhood education, health, nutrition services to foster stable family relationships, enhance children's physical and emotional well-being, and to develop strong cognitive skills;
- Extensive parent participation and support services offered.
- Free for qualifying families;
- Lunch is provided.
Programs available to families residing in Azusa, West Covina, Covina, Monrovia, Glendora, South El Monte, East La Puente/San Jose Hills, San Gabriel, Irwindale, Temple City, Walnut, Diamond Bar and Rowland Heights.
The mission of the Head Start division is to work in partnership with parents and the community to provide quality preschool education for children, and comprehensive support services to families, thus promoting independence and success.