Early Head Start
Preparing children and families for life
- Full-day, full-year program for children ages birth to 3 years and pregnant women;
- Parent programs offered in collaboration with Cal-SAFE Teen Parent Program;
- For parents who are working and/or attending college or trade school;
- Children with disabilities are welcomed.
- High-quality, nurturing and safe child development centers with staff who are qualified in infant and child development;
- Comprehensive program that promotes enhanced physical and emotional well-being and strong cognitive skills in infants and toddlers all while fostering stable family relationships;
- Extensive parent participation and support services offered.
- FREE for qualifying families;
- Meals are provided.
Programs available to families residing in Azusa, West Covina, Covina, Monrovia, Glendora, South El Monte, East La Puente/San Jose Hills, San Gabriel, Irwindale, Temple City, Walnut, Diamond Bar and Rowland Heights.
- La Seda center in La Puente;
- Badillo toddler center in downtown Covina;
- Huffman Children's Center in West Covina.
Parents are viewed as a child’s first teacher and Head Start provides regular home visits to help families better understand their child’s stages of development. Parents are taught activities that support their child’s emotional, social and cognitive growth in their own home.