Financial assistance for child care
- Child care centers;
- Family child care homes;
- Family, friend, or neighbor.
The monthly income limits to qualify were recently increased, making more families eligible for funding. The chart to the right provides guidelines, but we encourage you to complete the online inquiry form so a staff member can assist with determining your eligibility.
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW TO APPLY
How do I apply for child care financial assistance?
How long is the waiting period after I apply?
What must I do after I apply?
How will I know if funding is available for my admission priority criteria?
What will I need to complete my application?
How soon will I receive a response after I provide the proper documentation and information?
IMPORTANT QUALIFICATION CRITERIA
What are the income limits?
What is considered a “need” for child care services?
What is the age requirement for my children?
What type of child care is required for financial assistance?
What if I do not currently have a child care provider?
Will the provider I choose be considered an employee of Options for Learning, and will the child care financial assistance be considered income?
No. All child care providers must complete documentation, including a W-9, and will be issued a 1099 NEC (non-employee IRS form) for child care reimbursements issued on your behalf.
What are the limits for child care payments?
Will I have a shared cost if I qualify?
How long is financial assistance offered if I qualify?
- Up to 15 referrals (average is three to 10) will be given based on the child care information entered.
- Referrals are generated randomly by the database.
- Please be advised that our program provides referrals, not recommendations.
- Child care referrals within our service area will be provided: Alhambra, Altadena, Arcadia, Azusa, Baldwin Park, Duarte, El Monte, La Canada, La Habra Heights, La Mirada, Monrovia, Pasadena, Rosemead, San Gabriel, San Marino, Sierra Madre, South El Monte, South Pasadena, Temple City, and Whittier.