Enroll today in After-school TK/K
About our program
Options for Learning's free After-school TK/K program supplements the school district's TK/K program by offering extended learning hours, homework assistance, and a nutritious snack. Our program begins when the school's TK/K students are released from class. To qualify for Options for Learning's After-school TK/K program, a child must be enrolled in the school district's TK or kindergarten program.
Options for Learning's After-school TK/K will be offered at various locations based on enrollment. Programs are currently being offered or developed in the following school districts: Alhambra Unified School District, East Whittier City School District, Rowland Unified School District, San Gabriel Unified School District, South Whittier School District, and Valle Lindo School District.
Our highly qualified teachers build and support school readiness for students. We welcome children with disabilities in all our programs provided the children can be safely and successfully served in the program.
We are excited to help you get started with your inquiry about our After-school TK/K program. To get started, please follow these easy steps, and a dedicated intake specialist will be happy to work with you.
Complete the initial application process by calling our dedicated intake specialists at 888-249-8969 or by applying online.
Once preliminary eligibility* has been determined, gather the following documentation**:
- Birth certificates for ALL children in the household;
- Verification of parents' employment: verifiable employment information and all paycheck stubs received in the last 30 days (for steady wages) and/or 12 months (for fluctuating wages);
- Verification of parents' enrollment in school/training: current school enrollment/training schedule;
- Proof of any other income: TANF, unemployment, disability, child support, etc.;
- Current physical exam (within 12 months) and TB test with results for enrolling child (early learning only);
- Up-to-date immunization record for enrolling child.
An enrollment specialist will work with you to confirm eligibility based on the documentation provided and to complete the enrollment process.
*Please note that eligibility can only be determined once documentation is received and reviewed by our staff. When speaking with an intake specialist, preliminary eligibility will be determined based on the information provided at the time by the parent or guardian.
**Not all After-school TK/K applications require this documentation. This information is intended to be a helpful resource in the event that it is needed to confirm eligibility.