Promoting lifelong learning
- Year-round, before and after school, licensed child care program for ages 4 years, 9 months to 12;
- Open Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. and to 6 p.m.; hours of operation vary by site;
- During the spring, summer, and winter breaks, full-day care operates at consolidated sites.
- A quality program in a safe, well-supervised, licensed environment operated by educated and highly skilled staff;
- Sites promote active learning with challenging and enjoyable activities fostering the development of each child;
- Program encourages lifelong learning and provides support for each child’s school success;
- The proven curriculum supports new Common Core state standards through STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math).
- Free or low-cost care for qualified families who are working, seeking employment, or are attending vocational training;
- Fees are determined using a sliding scale based on family size and income;
- Services for full-cost families are offered.
We serve families with 31 convenient locations in multiple school districts and cities, including: East Whittier, La Habra, La Puente, Rowland Heights, San Gabriel, Santa Fe Springs, So. El Monte, Walnut, West Covina and Whittier.
- East Whittier City School District: La Colima, Laurel, Leffingwell, Mulberry, Ocean View, Orchard Dale, Scott.
- Lowell-Joint School District - Jordan, Macy, Meadow Green, Olita.
- Rowland Unified School District - Blandford, Hollingworth, Hurley, Jellick, Killian, Northam, Oswalt, Rorimer, Rowland Elementary, Shelyn, Villacorta, Ybarra, Yorbita.
- San Gabriel Unified School District - Coolidge, McKinley, Roosevelt, Washington, Wilson.
- Valle Lindo School District - New Temple.
- Little Lake City School District - Lakeview.
The mission of Options for Learning's Surround Care division is to provide comprehensive services to school-age children, youth and their families. The division focuses on supporting each individual child/youth to develop to their full potential. Through partnerships with schools, families and the community a quality enrichment program is offered.