Promoting Lifelong Learning
- Year-round, before and after school, licensed child care program for 4.9 to 12 year olds
- Monday – Friday
- Opens at 6:30 a.m. and closes at 6:00 p.m. Hours of operation vary by site.
- During the spring, summer and winter breaks, full-day care operates at consolidated sites.
- A quality program in a safe, well-supervised, licensed environment operated by educated and highly skilled staff.
- Sites promote active learning with challenging & enjoyable activities fostering the development of each child. Lifelong learning & support for each child’s school success promoted.
- Excellent curriculum supports new Common Core state standards, through Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math (STEAM).
- Free or low cost – for qualified families who are working, seeking employment or in vocational training
- Fees are sliding scale, based on family size & income
- Services for full cost families are offered
32 convenient locations in multiple school districts & cities, with programs in: East Whittier, La Habra, La Puente, Rowland Heights, San Gabriel, Santa Fe Springs, So. El Monte, Walnut, West Covina and Whittier.
East Whittier City School District - La Colima, Laurel, Leffingwell, Mulberry, Ocean View, Orchard Dale, Scott
Lowell-Joint School District - Jordan, Macy, Meadow Green, Olita
Rowland Unified School District - Blandford, Hollingworth, Hurley, Jellick, Killian, Northam, Oswalt, Rorimer, Rowland Elementary, Shelyn, Villacorta, Ybarra, Yorbita
San Gabriel Unified School District - Coolidge, McKinley, Roosevelt, Washington, Wilson
Valle Lindo School District - New Temple
City of Santa Fe Springs - Lakeview
Call TODAY to ENROLL! (626) 284-9935
FAX (626) 284-3736
At our main office:
Mon – Fri 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Facts about Surround Care...
- Surround Care has been serving students in the San Gabriel Valley since 1986.
- 93% of our sites have a staff member with a Child Development permit, issued by the State of California, Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
- 100% of our sites are licensed by the State of California, Community Care Licensing Division.
The mission of the Options for Learning Surround Care division is to provide comprehensive services to school age children, youth and their families. The division focuses on supporting each individual child/youth to develop to their full potential. Through partnerships with schools, families and the community a quality enrichment program is offered.