Developing essential skills for school success
- State Preschool is a half-day early learning program for 3- and 4-year-old children.
- Morning or afternoon classes offered during the regular school year.
- Currently offering distance learning classes and limited in-person classes.
- Utilizing an educationally sound and developmentally appropriate curriculum, State Preschool ensures that each preschool child develops the skills essential to success in elementary school.
- FREE for qualifying families.
- Lunch is provided.
Many convenient locations to serve you:
|San Gabriel||Rowland Heights||West Covina|
|Monterey Park||La Puente||Pomona|
|South Whittier||Whittier||Santa Fe Springs|
Main office (currently closed to visitors - mail slot available for paperwork drop off):
Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Did you know? Children who attend preschool are more likely to:
- Graduate high school;
- Go to college;
- Attain a higher-paying job.
The mission of the State Preschool division is to prepare preschoolers and their families for kindergarten and make the transition to elementary school smooth and successful. We achieve this mission by providing a high-quality, developmental, educational program that meets the needs of the whole child and forming collaborative partnerships with schools and community institutions.