Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
How does my child qualify for State Preschool?
To be eligible for our State Preschool program, a family must meet the income guidelines set by the Department of Education and the child must be between the ages of 3 and 4. Admission to our program is based upon the following priorities:
- First Priority is given to children receiving protective services.
- Second Priority is given to eligible four year olds.
- Third Priority is given to eligible three year olds.
If you call our office at (626) 854-3449, one of our Enrollment Specialists can tell you if your child is eligible for our program.
How do I enroll my child?
Please call our State Preschool Office and speak with an Enrollment Specialist. She/he will complete an initial intake with you and speak with you regarding your child's eligibility. Appointments for enrollment are normally set up at our main office in the City of Industry. However, we recognize that many of our families have transportation problems. If it is easier to meet at one of our sites, that can be easily arranged.
At the time of enrollment, what will I need to bring?
In order to enroll your child, you will need to bring:
1. Birth certificates for all children in the household.
2. Current physical exam for enrolling child with TB test and results (done within the last year).
3. Up-to-date immunization record for enrolling child
4. Proof of income received (pay stubs, TANF, unemployment, disability, child support, etc.) for past 3 months.
5. Parent’s immunizations for influenza, pertussis, measles, and tuberculosis test (TB) result within one year, so parents can fulfill volunteering expectation.
At the time when the enrollment appointment is made, the Enrollment Specialist will review with you what is needed to assure that the enrollment can be completed.
Are children offered meals?
Yes, our program provides lunch for all children who are enrolled.
Do you have a full day program?
No, our program is a 3-hour program. If a full day program is needed, you may want to look at our Full-day Preschool Division. This division provides full day care for preschoolers of families who qualify economically and have a need for child care such as working or going to school.
Do you provide transportation?
No, parents are expected to bring their child to school and pick them up according to our specified class times.
How can I find out which site is closest to my home?
You can access a listing of all of our sites on this website. Click on the site and it will link you to a map that will show you specifically where the site is located.