Choosing quality care
Tips on finding quality care
- Explore why this caregiver wants to care for children.
- How does s/he feel about this type of work?
- Is this person warm, caring, attentive and responsive to the child?
- What is a typical day like with the children?
- What are their feelings and approach to discipline?
- How to they handle naps, eating and toilet learning?
- How are emergencies handled?
- What if my child cries frequently?
- What if my child refuses to eat?
- What if my child won’t nap?
Check a facility's licensing record with the California Department of Social Services here.
Once you have found a provider, be sure to communicate regularly and openly about how the child care arrangement is working.
Call 626-856-5900, ext. 3, and we’ll mail you a Choosing Quality Child Care pamphlet or you may print a checklist below to get started with your search.