Quality Start Los Angeles
Quality Start Los Angeles (QSLA) is a voluntary quality rating and improvement system (QRIS), offering program enhancement and support to centers and family child care providers. It is designed to help parents of children from birth to age 5 choose the best early childhood education for their family. QSLA is a collaboration between Los Angeles County Office of Education (LACOE), Office for the Advancement of Early Care and Education, LAUP, First 5 LA, and the Child Care Alliance of Los Angeles (CCALA) of which Options for Learning is a member organization.
QSLA is actively recruiting family child care providers and centers to participate!
Watch videos to learn more about QSLA
Educational workshops, group training, and assistance provided by Options for Learning staff
- Ongoing training and workshops to educate child care providers on child development, legal requirements, health, nutrition and safety issues;
- Pre-licensing visits to help providers establish a high-quality, safe environment;
- Workforce development services and support for early childhood educators;
- Training and events calendar listing topics and dates.
Our Resource and Referral quality coaches are here to help!
- Kenya Ruiz, Resource and Referral specialist supervisor: [email protected] | 626-449-8221 ext. 8137
- Jocelyn Barboza, Quality/career coach: [email protected] | 626-449-8221 ext. 8128
- Estefania Melendez, Quality/career coach: [email protected] | 626-449-8221 ext. 8104
- Cynthia Rodriguez, Quality/career coach: [email protected] | 626-449-8221 ext. 8097