COVID-19 resources for providers
Options for Learning considers the health and safety of our employees, their families, the families we serve, and our providers our top priority. We continue to monitor information provided by the Public Health Departments of both Los Angeles County and the State of California and will provide updates as they arise.
Protocols and guidance
- Public Health: Guidance for Early Care and Education Providers (4-2-21)
- Public Health: COVID-19 Early Care and Education Toolkit
- CDSS: FAQs for licensed child care facilities and providers
- California Department of Social Services: Provider Information Notices
- Sign up for alerts by clicking on Receive Important Updates and entering your email address to subscribe. Subscribers will receive alerts when a new PIN is issued.
- California Department of Education Management Bulletins
Warning regarding COVID-19 scams
If you receive calls, emails, or other communications claiming to be from the Treasury Department and offering COVID-19-related grants or stimulus payments in exchange for personal financial information, or an advance fee, or charge of any kind, including the purchase of gift cards, please do not respond. These are scams. Please contact the FBI at www.ic3.gov so that the scammers can be tracked and stopped.
Mental health support resources
During uncertain times, it is normal to feel stressed, overwhelmed, or depressed. L.A.County residents may call the Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health's 24/7 access line at 800-854-7771 for mental health support, resources, and referrals.
- Los Angeles County Domestic Violence Hotline (24/7; confidential): 800-978-3600
- Domestic Violence Shelter 24-hour hotline
- National Domestic Violence Hotline (24/7; confidential): 800-799-7233 | 800-787-3224 (TTY) or text LOVEIS to 22522 (message and data rates may apply)
- Los Angeles County Child Abuse Hotline: 800-540-4000 | 800-272-6699 (TTY)
- Department of Children and Family Services COVID-19 updates
- Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office: Safeguarding Our Seniors and Elder Abuse Reporting Hotline: 877-477-3646
Educational and entertainment resources
Supporting children and families
Child Care Exchange - "Surviving to Thriving" educational videos
How to Support Children (and Yourself) During the COVID-19 Outbreak from Center on the Developing Child at Harvard University
A support guide for parents raising babies and toddlers through the coronavirus crisis Article by Annabelle Timsit