Resource and Referral Program
Options for Learning's Resource and Referral program (R&R) is funded by the California Department of Education to:
- Help families find child care that best meets their needs via free live or online child care referrals;
- Maintain comprehensive child care provider database and vacancy information;
- Recruit and train child care providers;
- Collect data from parents and child care providers;
- Reimburse and incentivize educational training, CPR, first aid, etc.
- Provide a variety of other services to parents and providers.
I am a provider, how do I get placed on the child care referral database?
- Providers must have a licensed home or facility located in one of the following cities: Alhambra, Altadena, Arcadia, Azusa, Baldwin Park, Duarte, El Monte, La Canada, La Habra Heights, La Mirada, Monrovia, Pasadena, Rosemead, San Gabriel, San Marino, Sierra Madre, South El Monte, South Pasadena, Temple City, or Whittier.
- Our Resource and Referral staff will add business information (ages, hours of operation, transportation, other specialized program information, etc.) to the state-funded child care referral database at no cost.
- Our state contract requires us to provide community referrals and prohibits us from making recommendations.
- To be successful and offer the highest quality care possible, we recommend that providers attend regular professional development training and enlist the help of our agency's coaching staff.
Providers residing outside of our service area may use this zip code list to find an R&R agency in Los Angeles County.